Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Probably the Last Post for the Decade

Has it been ten years already? 2000-2009. We are the generation of the 2000's. 

I had just been a grade 2/3 student in the year 2000. I was only 7/8 years old. How far has that been? How much has changed? With me and the things around me? Friendster was not yet 'uso' that time! Or has it been? :-/

How much scientific discovery has been made these past 10 years? I remember that the single-core desktops are where the demands pointed. Now, we have quad-cores and laptops in a phone! If juxtaposed the two, you would not notice the phone anymore due to the enormousness of the desktop. In Astronomy, where are right now? Hotels in space!! Worth what? Billions of Billions (and yes, BILLIONS) of DOLLARS; not just peso! 

As for me, how much has changed? What has changed and what has remained? What was my height then? 4" something? I was then always in front of the line. Now what? Last line I went to, I was at the back. 
I only then knew of pooping in my pants and some stuff. Now, it came to my knowledge how much I did not know about the world; how ignorant I am back then and right now. 

How much of our politics has changed? I DO NOT KNOW. I do not even know then that there is such thing as POLITICS. As far as I know, now, people are shedding blood. I cannot help but think of the eruption of Mayon Volcano. Has the archipelago himself (yes, not it) got mad to us? Political-related Killings. Uncontented-with-power President. Hopeless Elections. 

How do you go from point A to point B? Form a straight line. But how? With a bridge? Road perhaps? or using a Boat?  Made of what? Resources? Materials? Workers? Crew? It really seems difficult. Why cannot we have instructions to get to point A to B. Damn it. 

Putting all these things at the back, I am still looking forward for the next decade. 2010. God, what will lie before us and how will we deal with what is behind us. Life is as its full speed. I cannot afford to be left behind. My sister graduating in less than 2 years. Soon, I am next. I can still remember the first days of my and my sister's schooling. She was crying then; she won't let go of my father, who was carrying me back then. As for me, I went to school one day ahead. Mommy said that back then, I was so excited to go to school that they had to make a fake ID for me. Now, she is graduating, at the last stages of school. Planning to be a doctor, she embarks on a journey of her own. I'm also embarking of my journey of my own. I want to do these. I want to take these. Sometimes, I get scared of my own plans. (My plan is another blog) 

Why can't we just have a damn instructions to life? How to live? How to make money? How to be successful? If it is just easy as dropping out of school and making things, like what Bill Gates did, then, I would gladly do it. 


JUST MAYBE, this is why life is INTERESTING. Worth LIVING. An ADVENTURE journey to savor. AND I WANT ADVENTURE. If you have family and friends, what is worth fearing about? Though, the goal is not as enjoying as expected. It may just be a boiling mud. And say,"What an AWESOME HIKE!" 



Signed,
Penkeeper

Photo courtesy by: Gian Javier. Photographer: Madel Maloto, Gian Javier
Location: Mudspring(Makiling) College of Forestry, UP-LB, Los Banos. 

1 reviews:

Gary Rigor said...

Hey Adriann. Gary here.

One of your better blogs hah! I can certainly feel the uncertainty that to me is the whole theme of your post.

I can relate to what your blog is saying. THEN is very different from NOW. Sometimes I just feel like, I dunno, "touchy" when I look at the past. There is this video of kids born in 2000 who were interviewed on their view about this decade. Dang! They don't know 1998 hit Oops I did it again. I just feel too old.

Anyway, keep it up.

Post a Comment

Epilogue

Million Dollar Ideas strike at 1 am!


Currently Reading: Flip by (ed) Jessica Zafra

Followers

Labels

Followers

Ads

I Serve Nuffnang